Sita Ram. I am a friend of Dipchan for more that 30 years. I came to know him through Ramsewak ‘Lord’ Ramphalie, a colleague of his at the Chaguanas Post Office.
Today I want to make reference to a few traits I admire in Dipchan. They are as follow:
1. Dipchan furthered his knowledge in taxation and auditing. He not only provided taxation and auditing services to his numerous clients but also went on to work as a lecturer with Extra Murals and School of Continuing Studies for many years.
2. Dipchan was an organized person. If I had to pick him up at 5pm, he was always dressed and waiting. If he volunteered to prepare a dish, he would never forget.
3. Dipchan would always give back. He willingly prepared a herbal mixture to assist me with some health challenges. During my preparation for surgery and after, Dipchan was always in contact with me, giving me hope.
4. Dipchan was a conscious Hindu and believed in a spiritual world. Only recently he showed me his altar after I told him I would like to build one at my home.
5. Dipchan never forgot his friends when they were down. I remember taking him to visit Boodoo , a colleague at the post office who had suffered a stroke after retirement; we had also planned to visit Lutchman Simbhoo and another colleague who had suffered a stroke.
6. Dipchan knew Hariji of Endeavour, the founder of the Hindu Seva Sangh. When I told him that Hariji was ailing and we have a monthly satsangh with him at his home, Dipchan agreed to make himself available. He was also active in the special Divali and a Christmas Dinners held for Hariji this year.
7. Dipchan was also a regular devotee at the Bamboo No 1 Mandir. The last program he attended was a concert in memory of Hari Om Sharan. Not only the bhajans were enjoyed but also the many delicacies that were on sale.
8. Dipchan was not only my friend, but a mentor and guide and I would surely miss him while he will be away for a short period before he rejoins us. Life after death and reincarnation are not just beliefs but scientific facts.
Dipchan’s funeral took place on Saturday December 30, 2023 at his residence in Greaves Street, Chaguanas. His body was cremated at Warerloo.
9. He has left to mourn his son Dave, daughter Dianne, grand children Kyle, Kavesh and Johnathan, his son in law Kent, his daughter in law , other relatives and numerous friends.