I have just returned home from a prototypical hectic day filled with many public and social engagements. I’ve just had the opportunity to listen to what is supposed to be the APNU Region 10 Press Conference.
Basically, they are hurting so bad that they have lost support in Linden and people have openly and I mean that openly pledged their support for the Peoples Progressive Party Civic (PPP/C) by showing up with their candidates, backing them on Nomination day.
But not just showing up but doing so in large numbers which sent shockwaves across this very platform. The opposition forces have now resorted to lies, fabrications, misinformation and misdirection
I will respond to each and every one of those lies deceptive statements and misinformation peddled at the APNU press conference but for now let me state some things that are factual and cannot be disputed:
1. The persons who participated in the nominations day parade came there because they wanted to be there; they wanted to show their support for the PPPC.
No one forced, paid, intimidated or bullied anyone. The General Secretary has said it best – even if you pay someone to wear a jersey you can’t pay them for enthusiasm.
What has hurt Mr Solomon and Mr Adams so badly is the fact that while they were there to hand in their list purportedly by some form of trickery getting number one the hundreds of PPP supporters unrelentingly dealt with them by letting them know how they feel about the APNU and what the APNU has done to Linden. Meanwhile, the APNU could only muster a contingent of a paltry 15 persons to accompany them.
2. The people marched and went to GECOM. The APNU spent one hour and forty minutes to get their list fixed inside of GECOM office. It started raining the people remained. Absolutely no one was bullied to remain in the rain. In fact, some persons opened their umbrellas others opted to seek shelter under nearby business b places, waiting patiently for the PPPC to present its list.
3. The gentlemen claimed that PPP jerseys were dumped. We live in a world where virtually everyone owns a smartphone. Moreover, knowing the mischievous nature of the PNC, if there was a single jersey that was disposed, photos would have immediately made the rounds on social media. Almost a week later, up to now Mr Adams cannot produce a single photo of any PPP jersey being dumped anywhere. The reality is we ran out of jerseys, we did not have enough jerseys to give to supporters on Monday. There were people in the March and procession that did not wear PPP branded jerseys.
4. The issue about Kwakwani that they raised about people fooling people about the list. The PNC has gone back into their same five months mode of lies spinning, kerfuffling things and turning things around hey are hurting bad in Kwakwani as well because while they trick their way into getting number one spontaneously the ppc supporters in kwakwani took pickets and started a peaceful picket protest, more than 60 persons were involved and that was a big embarrassment to the APNU.
5. The issue of the candidate from the APNU that has sent their withdrawal to the Returning Officer, Mr Solomon has said that has proof. However in his execrably long press conference, he has again failed to produce a shred of evidence. Lies and more lies.
6. I will deal with each and every one of these things in a more detailed way but for now I want to assure the comrades in the PPP that you’re standing on solid ground, you did your political work, we have our candidates, we have our backers and the bullyism that the PNC is accustomed to, they are unable to carry it out effectively because people are rebuffing them at this time. It’s the same PNC of old seeking to intimidate, bully, lie and threaten people into conformation of their thwarted agenda. The pendulum has swung, we will continue to reject their attacks.
Onwards to victory!