OPPOSITION LEADER: Rowley is clearly unable to address the pressing issues affecting our country. At no time last night did he stand his ground to confront the problems terrorizing citizens. The UNC has offered our anti-crime plans, our economic transformation plans, healthcare plans, education plans and revenue generation strategies which he has repeatedly refused to consider. The country cannot tolerate his laziness anymore!
Murders, home invasions, rapes, robberies, high food prices, unemployment, increasing costs of electricity and water, increasing phone charges, property tax, declining GDP, natural gas shortages, poor roads, flooding, non-existent healthcare, inflation, increasing debt levels, business closures, massive retrenchments, Balisier house corruption and a crashing justice system. Rowley addressed none of these issues that are battering the population.
Keith Rowley refused to face the country and provide plans, policies and programs. Instead he:
· Boasted that the firing of over 10000 workers at Petrotrin was a success
· Declared that the over 4500 Covid deaths was an achievement
· Blamed citizens for crime because they were not reporting to the police
· Cried about his hurt feelings concerning a doctorate.
· Claims he sold raffle tickets to fund the 100-million-dollar Balisier house
· Blamed the media for most of his problems
· Defended paying almost 250 million rent to Faris’s family
· Invoked the tired and outdated race card again.
· Blamed the courts
· Defended the almost 250 recusals
· Campaigned on a 25-year-old issue
· Attacked a dead man
· States that he thinks citizens are ignorant of facts
· Crowed that our country is better off than Ukraine but ignored the fact that we have the sixth highest crime rate in the world
Nowhere did he stand his ground and confront the problems of our citizens. All the country witnessed from him was a cowardly retreat into the stale victimhood and blame game rhetoric.
The UNC has offered our anti-crime plans, our economic transformation plans, healthcare plans, education plans and revenue generation strategies which he has repeatedly refused to consider.
I am calling on Rowley to take the suffering of the population seriously, adopt and use any of the UNC’s plans and address the real issues affecting our citizens.
Kamla Persad-Bissessar, SC, MP
Leader of the Opposition
26th May 2023